One of the most interesting and fulfilling things you can do is attend a Christian college and learn the ways of the Lord while getting a good education. If you feel like you have a calling, you can even become a Christian scholar, and get a degree in divinity, making the gospel your life. There are a number of ministry career paths that can be fulfilling. If you are interested in learning more about the gospel, and about being a Christian scholar, here are 50 great blogs that can help:
Mainline Protestant and Evangelical
These Christian scholars offer interesting insights from a protestant view, or an evangelical view. A number of general Christian scholar blogs fall into these categories.
- John Mark Hicks Ministries: This Christian scholar offers a look at religion.
- Mainstream Baptist: Dr. Bruce Prescott offers insight into the gospel of Jesus Christ, the scriptures, and society.
- Reflections of an Afro-Christian Scholar: An interesting look at religion, race and more in Christianity.
- The MethoBlog: An interesting blog with interesting news and information with a Methodist perspective.
- Father Jake Stops the World: An interesting blog from an Episcopal priest — one that sometimes comes out with something heretical.
- EPS Blog: Get insights from the Evangelical Philosophical Society.
- King’s Evangelical Divinity School Blog: An interesting place to learn a little bit more about the gospel, and how you can develop a relationship with Jesus.
- Cyberbrethren: This blog offers insight into the gospel with a Lutheran perspective.
- Reformation Anglicanism: Scholarship related to reformation Anglicanism, and related religious issues.
Learn more about Catholic scholars. Fascinating insights from knowledgeable scholars on a number of subjects.
- Roman Catholic Blog: A look at issues and scholarship related to the gospel, specifically the Roman Catholic liturgy.
- Catholic and Enjoying It!: Learn more about what it means to be Catholic.
- L.A. Catholic: A look at liturgical matters related to Catholics in L.A.
- New Liturgical Movement: A look at liturgy in the modern world, and the meanings behind liturgy. Focused on the church in modern times.
- The Catholic Worship Blog: Offers an interesting look at Catholic worship and scholarship.
- Fr Hunwicke’s Liturgical Notes: This scholar was once Head of Theology at Lancing College in Sussex and offers interesting notes on liturgy.
- Liturgy: Spiritual worship based on Catholic liturgy.
- The Deacon’s Bench: A Roman Catholic deacon offers insights into Catholicism.
Orthodox and Eastern Churches
A number of Christian churches fall into some sort of Orthodox or Eastern category. Here are some of the blogs that can help you learn more about Christianity from these viewpoints.
- Fr Luke Palumbis’ Blog: Read about the gospel from a Greek Orthodox viewpoint.
- Bishoy’s Blog on Coptic Orthodoxy: A fascinating look at the Coptic church.
- ORTHODIXIE: Orthodox Christianity in the Southern U.S. Includes doctrinal discussions.
- Evlogia: An interesting look at Orthodoxy.
- Fr. John Whiteford: This scholar and Orthodox priest offers his perspective on religion and on the world.
- PadreTex: This Southerner offers insights into Orthodox liturgy.
- Devshirme: Interesting information and more from an Eastern viewpoint.
- Byzantine, TX: Another Southerner offers insights into Eastern Orthodoxy and helpful information on liturgy.
- Matushka’s Blog: Thoughts on Christianity and Orthodoxy from this wife of a Russian church priest.
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has its own scholars. Learn a little bit more about this take on Christianity.
- Times and Seasons: This blog offers a look at Sunday School Bible lessons, discussions on religious topics from a Mormon viewpoint, and more.
- Feminist Mormon Housewives: An interesting mix of religious and feminist scholarship, this blog addresses issues of gender and the LDS church.
- FAIR Blog: These LDS apologists work toward creating a better understanding of Mormonism, and study different aspects of the religion.
- Feast Upon the Word: Analysis and insight related to teachings from the LDS scriptures.
- The Backyard Professor: A look at issues of Mormon doctrine and interesting scholarship regarding the LDS faith.
- Temple Study: Scholarship about LDS temples, their origin and their purpose. Relies heavily on the teachings of renowned, late LDS scholar Hugh Nibley.
- By Common Consent: Interesting discussions and insight about the Mormon faith.
- Mormon Momma: Concerned with religious questions facing LDS mothers.
There are number of other Christian sects that offer their own scholars. Jehovah’s Witnesses and Seventh Day Adventists fall into this category.
- Jehovah’s Witnesses: The official site of Jehovah’s Witnesses, including news and commentary.
- Liliw Seventh-day Adventist Church: Information and news about Seventh Day Adventists.
- Messianic Jewish Musings: An interesting look at the teachings and scriptures of Messianic Jewish theology.
- Jews for Jesus: Considers the theology associated with recognizing Jesus Christ as the Jewish Messiah.
- Yet Another Unitarian Universalist: Considers religious questions related to the UU faith.
- The Quaker Ranter: Learn more about the Society of Friends, and what members believe.
These blogs offer helpful hints to daily scripture study, and can provide insights that will serve you well as a Christian scholar.
- Daily Scripture Blog: Offers a daily scripture. Read others’ comments about verses, and and your own.
- Biblia Hebraica et Graeca: An interesting blog about Bible translations. This is a blog about the Hebrew Bible, and includes information on interpretation.
- biblicalia: A look at Biblical interpretation and early Christian translations from an Eastern Orthodox point of view.
- Codex: Includes study of Bible translations, as well as related sources, such as the Dead Sea Scrolls.
- God Didn’t Say That: A fascinating look at the Bible and the mistranslations it contains.
- Participatory Bible Study Blog: Get involved with Bible study with this blog that offers a variety of helpful insights.
- Suzanne’s Bookshelf: This blog looks at Bible study from a female perspective, and looks at different translations of the Bible.
- Scripture Zealot: Interesting insights, commentaries and more on different aspects of the scriptures.
- The Forbidden Gospels: Consider the collections of scriptures that didn’t make it into our accepted canons. An interesting way to study early scriptures.
- A Study of the Book of Mormon: An interesting look at the Book of Mormon, and scripture study for LDS scholars.